Digital Paperback Printing
Pegasus Media & Logistics have a wide range of digital printers and are able to provide technology solutions for big and small publishers.
Whether you need 25 or 1,500 books printed, we have the best and most cost effective printing engine. Text pages can be printed on cut sheet toner printers to high volume inkjet printers. Covers can be printed on toner printers or a high quality Indigo press. Lamination can be gloss or matt, there are two book binding lines including a PUR binder.
We produce different kinds of books digitally:
Short Run Books – books that are only needed in low quantities because either their popularity is lessening or they are new and demand is building up. The former may be backlist titles that are still in demand and ordered at book stores or on online sites. Before digital print enabled the production of low quantities, these books were often “out of print” and unavailable. They used to be imported from overseas and order fulfillment could take six weeks. With digital production, no book needs to be out of print.
Short run books are also suitable for new titles and enable you to get a book printed in small quantities and with a small capital investment.
Short run books are printed in quantities of 25 and up, on cream book stock with a celloglazed colour cover.
- Book text printed black on Creamy Book paper 70 gsm
- Covers printed digitally in full colour on 250 gsm matt art and matt or gloss celloglazed
- Books are perfect bound and packed into boxes
- Minimum order quantity is 25
- Books can usually be produced within four business days
Reading Copies (aka Advance Proofs, Readers Proofs or Bound Uncorrected Proofs) – books used for the marketing of books that are coming up for release. Often printed on normal copier paper (bond), bound with a colour or black only cover.
- Book text printed black on 80 or 90 gsm bond
- Covers printed colour or black on white or coloured board
- Books perfect bound and packed into boxes
- Minimum order quantity is 10
- Books can usually be produced within four days from order and receipt of files (for quantities under 900)
Books Of One On Demand (POD) – these books are truly printed on demand, produced after they have been ordered. This run of one is printed on book paper and the colour cover is celloglazed, they look and feel just like a traditional (normal) book. This method is only feasible when a large number of different titles are re-printed, orders are submitted daily (or weekly) and all artwork files are stored and maintained at Pegasus. It is not suitable if you only have one or a few titles and want to get a book printed every now and then.
- Book text printed black on Creamy Book Paper 65 gsm.
- Covers printed digitally in full colour on 250 gsm matt art and matt or gloss celloglazed.
- Books are perfect bound, packed into boxes or envelopes, and labelled ready for despatch.
- Minimum order quantity is 1.
- Turnaround time is usually 24-48 hours from order (within a print on demand agreement).
- Books are packed in single quantities.
There is an FAQ for self publishers here.